All quizzes should be taken in order from one-to-ten. Please do not progress to the next quiz until the previous tests have been completed.
Lesson 01: Domestic Violence and AVA
Lesson 02: Definitions and Myths
• To understand what domestic violence is
• To understand what causes domestic violence
• To identify its various forms
• To clarify some of the myths about domestic violence
• To identify the most at-risk populations
Lesson 03: Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- To understand the changing dynamics of the cycle of abuse in domestic violence
- To understand the key issues of power and control
- To understand the reasons victims stay with their abusers
- To understand the impact exposure to domestic violence has on children
Lesson 04: Guidance for Clergy
- To understand the role of clergy in dealing with instances of domestic violence
- To understand how to assist victims of domestic violence, including planning or finding safety
- To learn what to avoid in dealing with those who have suffered domestic violence
- To learn how to deal with abusers
- To understand theological issues associated with domestic violence
Lesson 05: Teen Dating Violence
- To understand teen dating violence
- To understand the prevalence of teen dating violence
- To understand influence on teens in violent relationships
- To know the warning signs of teen dating violence
- To understand what teens need
- To help prepare a teen’s safety plan
Lesson 06: Definitions and Prevalence
- To understand what childhood sexual assault (CSA) is
- To understand the causes of CSA
- To identify some of the myths about CSA
- To discover the prevalence of CSA in various populations
Lesson 07: Dynamics of Child Sexual Assault
- To have an awareness of the effect of childhood sexual trauma on the lives of men and women when faced with various life events.
- To understand the coping mechanisms of those who have been sexually abused as children.
Lesson 08: Guidance for Clergy
- To understand the role of clergy in dealing with survivors of childhood sexual assault (CSA)
- To understand how to assist victims/survivors of CSA
- To learn what to avoid in dealing with those who have survived this type of assault
Lesson 09: Turning Roadblocks into Resources
- To discover the theological roadblocks for victims/survivors
- To discover how to turn theological roadblocks into resources for healing
- To see how congregations may be isolating and alienating victims/survivors
- To help churches become safe places with safe people
- To understand why some victims/’survivors do not seek help from clergy
Lesson 10: Reporting Requirements
- To underdstand the reporting requirements of clergy for domestic violence and sexual assault.
- To understand the underlying rationale for public policy.
- To define the necessary steps clergy need to take to ensure that they are complying with legal requirements in their state.